1. Driver License
How to Convert Your Current License
If you want to change your current license to a Korean driver's, follow the steps below :
There are twenty-four Driver's License Examination Offices in charge of license application and issuance.
- Required documents : translated and notarized driver's license issued by your own country of origin Passport or certificate of immigration / 4 photos (3*4 cm)
- The term of a Korean driver's license is 7 years
- It usually takes 7 to 10 days to get a Korean driver's license
- The translation and notarization fees are to be paid by the requester
(A signature of a translator is required)
For First Time Driver's License
Getting a first time driver's license requires the following procedures :
- Minimum residence for a foreigner is 6 months or more left to stay in Korea
- Complete the same application form as required for Korean citizens, application fee is 7,000 won
- Required documents : passport or Alien Registration Certificate / 4 photos (3*4 cm)
- Examinations are given in English, French, German, Japanese and Chinese.
- The length of the license term varies from 3 to 7 years depending on the license type (commercial or passenger)
- A physical examination (an eye examination) is also required, the fee is 7,000 won
Driver's License Renewal
A Korean driver's license is valid for seven years. You can renew the license three months in advance of the expiration date (every seven years). Your photo (3*4 cm), your current driver's license, and renewal fees are required.
Driver's License Testing Sites in Seoul
Kangnam Driver's License Testing Site
Sobu Driver's License Testing Site
Kangso Driver's License Testing Site
1Tobong Driver's License Testing Site
Seoul Apartments - Seoul Apartments, Korea Serviced Apartments, Korea Serviced Offices and Korean Furniture Rental provided.
RM 901, Hannam BLDG 737-37, Hannam-Dong, Yongsan-Gu, Seoul, Korea "INTER-WAYS"
Registration No. : 106-86-18160 / Registration No. for On-line Sales : 03858
The President: Sang-Moon, Park / Personal Data: Byung-Jun, Kim
/ Fax +82.2.793.8849
All rights reserved.